Youth was interesting last night. We only had 4 youth show up...(1 was at home recovering from surgery, 1 was stuck at home doing yard work for his dad, and 2 I dunno what happen to them). So with a small group we walked down to Wendy's and got free frosties...which was fun because it was yummy and FREE. Then we came back to church. Prior to youth one of the girls and I went to Dollar General and got stuff to make health kits that they take to Annual conference. So we put together our four health kits. Then we talked about the Summer schedule and about their surveys they filled out. It is funny because all of the youth said the amount of stuff we do is perfect (not to little or too much) and they all want to keep going during the summer. Which is funny because if that is the case I would expect to see more of them there more regularly. We talked about the fact that it has been suggested we back off or shut down during the summer and all four of them said "NO WAY".
We also talked about plans for when we move up stairs this summer and get our own space. They started thinking of ideas for how they want to paint and decorate their new space. (I think it was good because it got them excited).
We also talked about making changes to the leadership of the youth and going to more of a youth leadership team and not an elected president type system. (This is because the youth president has been MIA since Dec. and has no plans on coming back - she would rather be with her boyfriend - plus again she has no parental support for being in youth).
Well then I went to our church board meeting. It was over in like an hour, which was WONDERFUL! They basically talked about the construction or lack there of. I presented our health kits for Annual Conference.
No comments:
Post a Comment