Well today is Tony's Birthday!! Tony woke up to the front of our house decorated in all black by Kristin (one of the youth). LOL I knew this was going to happen, but I never said a word to Tony. I made him get his picture by the balloons and such. I am not sure he was thrilled but it was funny.
I met Kristin after she got out of school and we went shopping for Tony's birthday. I got him a shirt (Catherine picked the color), a pair of pants, and a belt. Then we went to Gordmans so Kristin could look for jeans. Catherine ended up with some clothes too. And I finally found my secret sister some stuff!! It was like I hit the jack pot!
We then went to the Hallmark store and I got a 30th Birthday balloon and card for Tony...then off to church to help cook.
Tony came down and we gave him his presents.
After I came home I talked to Tony, I think he is down about being 30, and the fact that yet again he is having a birthday with really only his family (me and the girls). I wish I could do something to help him gain more physical friends here in KC, but alas I am in the same boat so I am not much help.
Saturday I am planning on taking him to dinner for his birthday. I invited Kristin to go, but she has family in town for her graduation, which is wonderful. My mom cancelled on Saturday becuase of her friend being in town....so it looks like once again it is just going to be a family thing. I am glad our family enjoys doing stuff but at the same time you want to cry when you start thinking about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment