Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Fake it??

Today I received an email talking about your attitude, your mood, etc. and how people judge a group or organization based on that. In other words if you work for a group and you are happy, loving, carring then it tells people that the group is doing good. However if you work for a group and you are cold, bitter, and grumpy it sends off another tone. Yes I agree with the author of the email in that you would rather be the first and not the latter. The part that got me was the closing statement to this part of the email "Not feeling warm, open, loving? FAKE IT!"

FAKE IT???
Are we as members of a church supose to fake how we are feeling? Is it wrong if I am grumpy to pretend I am happy and joyfull? It is funny because I have talked to others about this topic, about being real..about not hiding how you feel. Most people I have talked to say you should be real as to how you feel, if you are sad admit it, if you are upset admit it....but I guess for some groups that is not the correct thing to do.

It is funny because personal I hide how I feel a lot around people. Even if I am every down and depressed I will put a smile on my face and act like nothing is going on...and I guess according to the author of the email I got, that is the right thing to do.

Although when I think about it, even Jesus showed his feelings, it is said "Jesus wept" Jesus was sad and he did not hid that fact, but I guess in the eyes of some we are supose to hide.

So welcome to the world of wearing a mask and hiding your feelings...even though I thought I would work on not wearing a mask I guess in some places those mask must be worn.

No comments: