Friday, May 20, 2005

Friday

Oh my gosh I was soo productive today!! I got another dish cloth made and some more scrunchies. I finished ironing all my clothes...I mean ALL of them!! All that is left is Tony's basket.

We went to visit Angela a friend who had surgery. She was doing pretty good. She is set to go home Saturday and I hope she does ok at home. I have told her that if she needs anything let me know, since I am home all day and such. I hope and pray her family helps her and her recover goes well.

Tony went to see Star Wars III. I stayed home with the girls. I was afraid if I went, and sat still that long in a dark room I would go to sleep, so I told him to go and have a great time. I guess 1/2 way to the theater he almost turned around and came home. He was soo sad about the fact that he was alone and such. I think it hit him hard something I have felt and talked about a lot, that we have no friends our own age. Later that night we talked about it some. I mean Tony is here in KC with zero of his family, with none of his friends from school. As he put it "he was friends with the nerds in school and he does not even have nerds to be friends with now." I just wish I knew what to do to fix this, but I dunno if there is a fix. I mean I have friends like with church and such and Rainbow...but they are all either a lot older then me or a lot younger then me. I mean I can talk to people, but I don't "hang out" with people. I live in my house with my girls and my husband. I do stuff with my mom from time to time, and I love that, but it is not the same. It is not the same as like when I was in college and you had people around you your age an you just did stuff. But if you get down to it, since I got out of high school I don't talk to anyone from high school.....went to college knew tons of people, did stuff with about a dozen or so people.....now of that bunch I talk to only one, Abra, and she now lives in Florida. So if I feel this lonely and disconnected from people my age, I can only image how much worse it is for Tony. It is funny because at our church there are maybe 3 or 4 couples our age, 2 of them have kids, and yet none of us do anything together. It is like we don't fit in with anyone, I dunno if it is just us that feel that way or if others do too. I have noticed even of those couples at church, one of them has not been around in at least a month. The other couple are newlyweds and getting use to the married life, and the other couple, only he comes to church. Our Tony and I that weird that we are not like other people our ages? I know we live a "different" life then a lot of people our age, we don't drink to speak of, we don't do the club/bar seen. But we are like any other person our age, trying to make it in this world, trying to pay the bills and still enjoy life.

Oh well I dunno if I have the solution to this issue, if there even is one, but it is one I wish I did.

No comments: