Wednesday, May 04, 2005

More thoughts on Beth and homosexuality in Church Leadership

I have been chatting a lot with people about all of what is going on in the UMC...and some points have been made that I want to post about.


As said from a dear friend of mine Carl (whose Youth hoody I wear with pride). (Not his exact words but the over all thought) If you don't even want to deal with the homosexuality issue what about the adultery issue, the having sex outside of marriage. Hello that is a big no no in the bible. Beth as admitted to being in a sexual relationship with another person. So does that mean you would want a pastor who is single with a live in girl friend. I don't think that would go over so well, and you know people would jump on the bandwagon
to stop him...but it is ok for a girl to sleep with a girl outside of marriage?? If we are going to get rid of that commandant why not get ride of all of them.

No comments: