Well well well...lookie here: Appeals committee reverses church trial verdict in Stroud case. What to say. I don't care if she is a lesbian or not she is a child of God and she is allowed in church. I do however have a problem with her being a pastor. Amm...well lets just see the Book of Disciple. This is what is says Regarding the ministry of the ordained
¶304.3
While persons set apart by the Church for ordained ministry are subject to all the frailties of the human condition and the pressures of society, they are required to maintain the highest standards of holy living in the world. The practice of homosexuality is incompatible with Christian teaching. Therefore self-avowed practicing homosexuals1 are not to be certified as candidates, ordained as ministers, or appointed to serve in The United Methodist Church.21. "Self-avowed practicing homosexual" is understood to mean that a person openly acknowledges to a bishop, district superintendent, district committee of ordained ministry, board of ordained ministry, or clergy session that the person is a practicing homosexual. See Judicial Council Decisions 702, 708, 722, 725, 764, 844.2. See Judicial Council Decisions 984, 985.
Hmm what is soo unclear about this....it says that a person who is a practicing homosexual will not be ordained as a minister or appointed to serve in the UMC...what is soo unclear about this????
I find it most remarkable that this lady was in seminary becoming a minster when she was/became/discovered (whatever term you want to use) that she was homosexual. And she has stated that she knows the UMC stance on Homosexuals and being clergy..and yet she continued on to become a UMC pastor. I guess my thought is: she knew the rules and yet she continued to do something in violation of these rules. Why did she not go on to become a pastor of a domination or church that allows practicing homosexuals as pastors???
OK now I know we all make mistakes...heck I have made tons of them, some of which I still to this day have never forgiven myself for making...but I have also stopped those actions when I realized they were wrong. I also have tried to live up to what is right, even though like all people I fall short A LOT! I guess my deal is.....why keep doing something you know is wrong...that would be like me being a youth director and coming home and doing drugs...hello it is wrong and I know it is wrong. (By the way I do not do drugs...the only drugs that go into my body are my prenatal vitamins when I remember to take them).
So I guess that is my issues with this whole thing. Call me closed minded, call me conservative, call me whatever you want...I just feel people should follow the rules and try to do what is right, something I feel she is not doing.
No comments:
Post a Comment