Sunday, June 05, 2005

Happy Sunday - Busy Sunday

Well it was Sunday. The day started off weird at church, good but weird. I did the children's sermon and it went good, although the kids did not talk much, well all but Catherine, but she always talks.

From there we came home and I got ready for Rainbow.

Right before I was ready to head to Rainbow, Pop's called and said bring Catherine they were going Ice Skating. So her and I got in the van went to the Lodge via a stop at Starbucks to get coffee for my mom and I and chocolate milk for Catherine.

Got the Lodge for the Rainbow Girls to work on their scrapbook. They did 99% of it. It was good because one of the girls was there real early and we have not talked in ages and we got a chance to talk. She really opened up about stuff going on in her life and it was good.

Following scrapbook it was Parent's Day at the lodge. This was a presentation to the parents by all the youth organization. The Rainbow girls were up first, and we did the rose talk. It went good. Then the Job's did a song in sign language, which is like their trademark. Then the DeMolay did their flower talk. It was then 4:30 pm and I had to get over to church to get ready for youth group. So I missed the last few things that went on, oh darn!

Got set up for youth group and all was ready. People started coming and we went up to the sanctuary and watched a DVD thing on "Avoiding God, and what God wants". Then we went outside and played two games, then we came in and finished our bible study from the DVD. Then it was time to go. It is odd for things to take up the entire 2 hours and not drag and for now like the 3 time in a row we filled the time. I was very happy!!!

While at youth group the youth said they want to do a Mall run so that is what we will be doing next week.

No comments: