Well today was our Girls day out. My mom came over at about 10:30 am and I had cappuccino ready for her. We finished getting the girls ready and headed out on our shopping day. Goal to find clothes for Grand Assembly, this year you can not wear anything that has black, brown, or gray. I own two skirts one is gray and one is brown, I own three dresses that fit great, two have black and one is Navy. I have been trying on clothes I have right and left and coming up with very little that fit my fat body. A lot of my dresses are pre-Catherine and just don't fit right especially without my body suit on...and wearing my body suit is not an options at this point. So that is a our goal, along with picking up some stuff for the girls.
First stop Talbot's. Mommy was able to find one out fit that looks so wonderful and so youthful on her!
We then went to Coldwater Creek. I found two skirts, one looked TERRIBLE....talk about showing off my big butt, so that was a BIG FAT NO. The other skirt you wore with this polo. It all fit but it was not flattering in the least...made any roll I have show up just that much more. The sales lady was so nice, she was like "you really need a one piece dress, and we don't have any in the store. But she gave me three catalogs to take home and look at to see if I can find stuff to order.
Then we were Overland Park bound. As we left my mom said, what should be do for lunch. I looked at her and said we basically both said "GYROS!" So we headed to Mr. Gyros for lunch. Catherine loves Greek food as much as my mom and I do. It was so cool because my mom was looking at a picture as we left and she said "You have been there". See my biological dad was stationed in Athens, Greece when I was born. So I have been to all these places in Greece and Europe, I just don't remember them.
So then it was off to Oak Park Mall...via a detour because we were talking so much we missed the road we wanted (we wanted 95th street and we got to 110th before we realized our mistake). So first we hit J.C. Penny since we both have seen stuff on their web site we loved, but the selection in the store was TERRIBLE! So we went to kids department to look for a slip for Catherine. The smallest slip they had was size 6, she wears a size 4. So we looked at other clothes. Anna needed some tops to wear under jumpers (for some reason I have tons of 12 month jumpers for her). We found tops for Anna, a dress for Anna, and a shorts and top set for Catherine. Then the best part I found matching dresses for the girls. Ever since Anna was born I have wanted matching dresses for the girls, I have made two dresses so far for the, but for the first time I was able to buy matching dresses!!! The best part was it was all 50% off!!
So then we went down to Jones store.....via a stop at Lane Briant (crapola there too). Jones Store was just as bad as Penny's. Then we went to Norstroms and no luck there. But I did find a 1/2 slip for Catherine in a size 4!!!!! Then my mom and I went and looked at Mac make-up. I needed foundation and have been wanting to try Mac...so I DID!!
Then we went to a couple of other stores with only luck at Bath and Body Works, got girlie stuff!!
Then Anna took her first ride on a carousel with big sissy. They each road on a horse and I helped hold Anna up. She liked it I think...she was just looking around.
Then we got a drink and hit the road home.
The girls did really good for all the running and stuff.
So even though the goal of dresses was not accomplished we had a great day!
Final thought on dresses. The best ones I saw were size 14....well I wear between a size 20 and 22. I have decided that I need to back down to a smaller size. So no more caffeine, very low carbs etc. I was able to loose weight when I was preggy with Anna and I can do it again!
No comments:
Post a Comment