Well the youth camp out has come and gone.
We met at 1 pm on Thursday, July 14th and headed to Crow's Creek in Smithville, Missouri. We set up our tents and made our home. In total 6 youth stayed the entire time, 1 youth came up Saturday before work, 3 adults stayed the entire time, 5 adults came from Friday on, 2 adults came up on Saturday night, and 2 adults came up on Sunday, oh and how could I forget we had 5 young kids there too!
We had a great time with your normal things going on. The girls were boy crazy as normal....trying to find cute boys. The guys were silly as ever just trying to see who was the baddest of the bad.
This year a lady from our church was nice enough to join us for our campout and brought her boat. She took the youth and others out on her boat and took them tubing. It was great. I am waiting to get my pictures back so I can post them.
Our spiritual theme was "Our Spiritual Gifts". Over all it went pretty good, although I, being brain dead, left the lesson plan book at church so I had to wing it based on what I remembered. I remembered most of the stuff we were going to do and we did it! We talked about the best gift you have ever received, some were physical things, some were things people have done for you, some were things on a spiritual level. The youth really I think started making the connections. We talked about how one of the things you have received are gifts from God...and how you can use those gifts for the body of Christ. How we are all part of the one body....and how we have to work as one body to spread the word of God. We ended the weekend by drawing or writing a spiritual gift on a rock and throwing it into the lake. A rock when thrown into a lake will produce ripples....just like your spiritual gifts will touch other people's lives.
The only personal issues I had was Anna got fried, she is soo sun burned her nose and face and arms blistered up. I burned my lower lip of all things....and I swelled something terrible. I mean I could not move my ankles at all.
I will say I am glad to be home, sleeping on the ground did not agree with my body this time...I could not sleep I was in so much discomfort.
No comments:
Post a Comment