Saturday, July 30, 2005

what a year

A year ago today I was getting up in the morning, although I had not slept. A year ago today I was making sure I had all my stuff done at home. A year ago today I was making sure the two girls who were watching Catherine were ready. I was making sure Catherine was ready to become a big sister.

A year ago today, we left the house and headed to wal-mart. We went into walmart and bought a pack of diapers, since we had not purchased any yet, since this was happening 3 1/2 weeks early. We also picked up an outfit I liked.

I made Tony go by the church so I could do some last minute printing for the youth. Could not have a baby and not have stuff ready for the church. LOL

Then it was off to the hospital. My c-section was scheduled for Noon and we were told to be there an hour early. So we got and the maternity floor was FULL. So we waited for 30 minutes to get check-ed in. They put us in a little prep room because all the rooms were full. There they did all their prep work including trying 5 times to get the IV in.

I was then taken down to the OR on the floor. They had me move over to the surgical table (something I did not do on my own with Catherine - they moved me) and then they gave me my spinal (something that happened in our room with Catherine). The Dr. who did it was wonderful it did not hurt at all (with Catherine it hurt!). I began to cry and the nurse thought I was in pain...but no I was just over whelmed with feelings, my baby was going to be here and I just did not know what to think, everything had happened SOOO fast.

Then it was time, Dr. Spell came in and Tony joined us. It was funny right before Tony came in the Anesthesiologist said to me "you may feel sick" I thought hmm dunno why never have before. Less then 2 seconds later I looked up and said "I am going to be sick" I began dry heaving, and that is when Tony came in. The Anesthesiologist gave Tony a little try to hold in case I threw up.

The c-section began and at 1:37 pm Anna Elizabeth Pierce was born. She weight 6 pounds 12.9 oz. and was 18.9 inches long. She had tons of hair and was beautiful.

We left the OR for a small recovery room right off the OR and once all was clear they moved all of us to the floor for all the c-sectioned mom's (it is an over flow floor of the maternity).


Then:






Now: (taken at her pre-birthday fun on 7/24/05)

No comments: