A year ago today I was a nervous wreck. My life was in a spiral nose dive. The night before I got a phone call from my OB said that she received a letter from the Peri's office saying they recommend that the baby come out and come out now. So a year ago today I was told to go to the Peri's office for an amino. A youth came over to watch Catherine while Tony and I drove down to Overland park to have the amino.
A year ago today I remember laying there on the table being told that they were not sure they could even do the amino due to so little fluid. I remember them using the ultra sound probe over and over my tummy trying to find just one good size pocket of fluid to do the amino. I remember the Dr's words "I think this one might do, I will only try once and if it does not work we are not doing this." I remember closing my eyes, I did not want to watch, as Tony held my hand I remember feeling the needle hit my tummy and the pain of it all (yes it did hurt!). I remember them saying they think they got enough and telling me I could get up. I remember being sent to another room to be monitored to make sure I did not go into labor and make sure the baby was ok.
I remember coming home, scared and just walking around the house in a daze. I remember being down stairs with Tony, Catherine was asleep and we were playing the xbox just trying to relax as best we could. I remember the phone ringing. Looked at the caller ID and it said it was my OB. I remember answering the phone, it was about 8:30 pm and she said to me "the amino came back that the lungs are ok, so we will do your c-section at 1 pm tomorrow."
I remember crying, scared and not sleeping that night. I remember both the joy of knowing this roller coaster for the last 4 weeks was about to end and at the same time being so scared because I did not know what to expect....was my baby ok, was it healthy....just had to make it through the night so I could find out the next afternoon.
I remember telling Tony at 4 am, you know what....we have never gone and bought diapers yet, since we thought we had 3-4 more weeks to go.
A year ago today my family was preparing to grow.
No comments:
Post a Comment