We had our newsletter meeting today. When Andy walked into the parlor, the first words out of his mouth was "I heard a rumor is it true". And my boss, the Dir. of Lay Ministries says "I heard the same rumor". I told them yes it is true, that I finally got an appointment with my Dr. for 2/28. Then Andy was like "oh you have not been to your Dr. yet" I said no, but I don't think 5 home test can be wrong. He laughed at me.
Then some how it got on to my parents and I was ask are they happy (or something on that line) and my response was "Hell NO". I did tell them at least I was not called names this time. (see last time with Catherine I was called a "slut, whore" those kind of things. With Anna I was told "Can't you keep your damn legs shut". So as Andy put it "at least they move up from name calling"....I guess that is true although I still hurt just as bad as the name calling.
Andy tried to make a funny about offering to beat up my parents, which was kinda funny.
Latter that night at Stephen Minstry I told Trish, since she is helping me with the summer trip and I dunno if I will even be able to do it this year. She was all excited, and she was like "remember your parents were made the last time".
It is funny because even though my parents have been made both other times, it hurts just as much this time. I guess I would always thing that at some point they would be happy for us. I hear these stories of families who are all excited and happy and joyouse over an upcoming baby in their family. NOT MINE! I guess that is just another one of the girlish dreams for me. Always wanting to really see what unconditional love from a parent is like.
Lord,
Please let me always show unconditional love to my children. Please make sure as their mom that I support them, even when I don't always agree 100% with what they are doing. Please help me to be the best mom I can and to have children who love themselves as much as I love them.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment