Last night I am putting Catherine to bed and notice her cheek is swollen, look in her mouth and her gum around her 1 year molar is HUGE. She ended up getting up out of bed about 30 minutes later and I had her rinse her mouth out with salt water.
So this morning I got her a dentist appointment, of course we are without dental insurance. Needless to say I feel like a terrible mother, I know both her 1 year molars (bottom) look funny to me, they each have dark spot on them, but I was trying to wait till the new year when we will have dental coverage to get her in to see the dentist, now I feel like I have hurt my baby by waiting too long. Her appointment was at 10:30 am and my dad came and took her for me, since both Christopher and Anna are sick. Can't understand why he would not want to stay at the house with two sick kids. (LOL).
So I sat and wait to see what was going to become of all of this. I feel like I let my baby girl down.
Catherine made it through her first visit to the dentist. She has two cavities (which I figured, just was waiting for insurance to kick in) and one has become infected but has not abscessed yet. The dentist will not treat her because of her age and the amount of work that will be required; therefore he is referring us on to a pediatric dentist. So he gave her a script for antibiotics (this time they did chewable instead of liquid and she took it great!). So I called the pediatric dentist and the soonest they can get her in is next Thursday, December 7th.
I can honestly say I feel like a terrible mother today.
No comments:
Post a Comment