Ok I might be hard headed and slow at times but I can honestly say "I GOT THE MESSAGE." Only took me several years to get the message but I have it loud and clear. The message I have gotten and I am finally accepting is I am not wanted at my church. OK Pastor and others, you got your message across just fine.
Now you may ask...woooo what is this about. We have to roll back the clock several several years. All the way back to high school when I first started going to this church. I was a part of the youth group, but after going to Tennessee and being told by the other girls in youth that they wished I had never come and would have stayed in Maryland. That should have been the end, I should have moved on..but did I...No. I joined a different youth group at a friends church, a much better one at that. Then I was asked to help with Sunday School on Sunday's with the little kids. So I did that...till the Pastor at the time said I could not volunteer any more. So I started finding other things for my time on Sundays. Then I was asked to work in the Nursery as the assistant...did that till the Pastor at the time (same one as before) told me I could not do that because I was in Rainbow (what the two have to do with each other is beyond me). So I left the church for about 5 years. I worked on Sundays so I made money, then I started going to a church in Downtown KC.
Finally graduated College and was asked to take the youth to YOUTH99. So I did, then I started volunteering as a youth sponsor. Finally I got the job of youth director. Did that for little over 3 years, till the Pastor and others wanted me out so they made it so I would quiet, again I let them win.
Then I was asked to be a part of the Church Board, since I love to help the church. I did that for this year.
This brings us to last night....our Charge Conference. I get there to find I am no longer on the Board, since the board is no more. My mom has been removed from the job she asked to do. The response that was given to us "we took people who said they wanted to do stuff." Ummm did I say "put me on something..." no because I thought I was still doing something. On the other hand my mom did asked to be on something, was told she would be and then was not put on it.
Ok we got the point...you don't like me...you don't like my family. I got it loud and clear. The only reason I still am going to be there is because of my daughter, she loves you guys (why I still am not sure, because I know one day you are going to hate her too, after all you seem to hate my entire family). I just pray you will be honest and tell her to leave instead of slamming doors in her face like you do the rest of my family.
And to think this church says this as their slogan: "A Friendly Smile, A Warm Embrace, A Spiritual Home" what a crock....I will say I think they are perfect example of a dysfunctional family there is, one who takes pride in hurting their family members.
No comments:
Post a Comment