Wednesday, September 28, 2005

We Did IT!

Well we did it! We are officially a cloth diapering house. Last night (Tuesday) we went to Babies' R Us and bought a 12 pack of cloth diapers, 6 vinyl pants, and 3 lined covers.

We did this for a couple of reasons. #1 In 16 days (MAX) we will have 2 kids in diapers, and the thought of buying that many diapers is freaky...we are talking about $60 plus a month. #2 Cloth diapers are better for the environment. #3 Cloth diapers are better for a child's skin. #4 Cloth diapers make potty training much easier.

So we are starting with Anna and getting use to it.

So far so good. Took me 3 tries to get the first diaper pinned on Anna, kept making it too lose. So far Anna has pooped once and it did not leak through or anything and the change went good. She also went potty and again NO LEAKS!!!

As soon as we run out of diaper wipes I will probably change to washable diaper wipes too. Just makes sense to do it because then you have no stinky trash at all.


( I am soo funny. I called my mom and Tony to tell them that we changed our first cloth diaper. They both just laughed at me..but I was soo proud!!!)

No comments: