Saturday, September 17, 2005

Date Night

Oh my gosh I had so much fun. As a thank you for watching the horses while my parents were on vacation they gave us a gift certificate to the Savoy Grill. Oh my gosh what a great place to eat. The last time I was there was over a year ago when we went for Russ' birthday. It is one of those places that we can't afford to eat at but we love to when we can.

So we met my parents in Kearney for the Jessie James Day Parade. Pop's was to drive the buggy with Betty Barr, the Great Grand Daughter of Jessie James. Catherine rode with them too. So we watched the parade. It was great! Much bigger then in the past. The Shiners were there and they took up over 1/2 the parade! We did see Lloyd, I really like Lloyd, if he was still at my Grandma's church I think I would go and attend that church just for a nice change. But he is retired, well sorta. He retired but has been placed in a country church that is between ministers.

So then the girls with my parents and Tony and I went grocery shopping. We did wonderful!! Got all our food for the next 15 days for under $100!!!!

Then we came home and relaxed till it was time to get ready. So Tony and I got all dressed up, which was fun, I love dressing up. Then we went to the Savoy. Oh my gosh the food was wonderful!! Tony had Tenderloin that was to die for. I had a seafood plate, it had fish, ouster, shrimp, frog legs, and scallops. I got my favorite dressing on my salad, it was crumbled blue cheese with a vinaigrette dressing....oh my gosh again to die for. We ended the night sharing a piece of Cheese Cake with fresh strawberries. We were so full but it was soo good.

We came home and just relaxed the night away.

No comments: