Monday, April 25, 2005

14 week check-up

Well today was our 14 week (almost 15 week check-up). My check up was at 4:20 and I was back in the car leaving at 4:33 pm. Talk about fast.

I got in and sign in, and within 1 minute I was back in the back. First thing was my normal weight check. I gained 1 pound. Which made me very very mad. I guess I should not be so mad, but I am. I wanted to stay the same or even loose some. So we will try harder next visit. So my total weight gain is 4 pounds.

The nurse checked my blood pressure which was 130 over 76. She processed to go off on me, about how high it is. About how it has been steadily climbing over the past few visits (124 over 72, 112 over 72, and 102 over 72). She asked me if I have cut out all salt and caffeine. I told her no one has given me any dietary restrictions. I also told her I never salt anything and I am lucky if I get one caffeine drink a week if even then. She then told me that I need to turn in this baby's Dr's name by the next visit. I told her look in my charts, it is the same Dr. as my other two children. She then told me "I am just doing my job." Keep in mind I am talking to her in all smiles and as happy as can be.

So in walks the Dr. He said to me "So what questions do you have?" To which I have none. He then said "I see you are having a tubal ligation with this one" I said "You betcha" he then said "Are you sure" I told him that I did not want any more surprises and we are done. Then he says let's check the babies heart rate. So he gets the Doppler finds the heart beat, and said "sounds good". He did not even have the Doppler there long enough to get a count. I asked him what the heart rate was, and he said "It was good."

I go back on May 24Th and I should hear back from the office tomorrow about my 20 week ultra sound date and time (that office was already closed for the day).

No comments: