Monday, November 08, 2004

I can't believe this is happening!!!

Today is the first of the month...and with each first of the month we had our staff meeting. The meeting went good, which was normal.

Following the meeting I had to sit through a meeting with our minister and our Director of lay ministry. I guess it is easier if I put it this was...we have a young person in our youth who has told our minister that I told another youth that their father should get off his lazy A$$ and get a job. First off..I don't talk like that, second the day they said this happened the youth was in a parade and not at church, third the youth who said I said this was at work that day. THis young person also clams they are scared of me, becuase they are afraid to get on my "bad side", that they don't want to be excluded from things. She referenced the fact that I will not allow a youth to stay at my house for lock-ins (coudl it be because this person has stolen from me, and others in our church)...plus I have talked to this youths family and they understand.

So I guess the next step is our minster is having this youth write down all that they say has happened and goign to turn it over to our parish committee (this is the committee that deals with hiring and firing and staff issues). So I guess I will have to sit down and explain myself to them.

I can not believe this is happening. I guess what gets me is this is the family that Tony and I have bent over backwards for. We are the ones who get them to and from church, who feed them and who have paid for stuff for them.Part of me just wants to quit soo bad as youth director. I can not belive that this youth I loved and care so much for would try to hurt me like this. I know I am just very emotional right now and don't need to make decisions like this being so emotional. Plus quiting right now would convay a sence of guilt to them. So I guess I am just going to wait this crap out and see what becomes of it.All I can say is another teenager is not coming over to my house...and I not opening my self up to another teen again.

Oh gosh writing this is making me cry again.

Thank God I have a family who loves me.

No comments: