Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New life style for Tony

I guess I should begin by telling some history here.

On Monday the 12th Tony got really sick....cold shakes everything. Tuesday he still felt terrible now with a back ache too. Wednesday we went to the doctor (I know shocker my man went to the doctor). I told him with how he was talking about his back hurting something was up with his kidneys....plus if he had a kidney infection that would explain the cold temp etc. Well the first thing the Doctor did was take a urine sample....that was not good. He has sugar and protein in his urine. So the doctor sent him for blood work to find out what his blood sugar is and also to check for infection. Infection was negative! Blood sugar was over 300! So on meds he goes.

So long and short Tony is now offically Type 2 diabetic. He is on metformin and is doing great. He met with the diabitic clinic today and received TONS of info. Basicially he can eat anything he wants as long as he keeps his carbs under control. He does have to exerices regulary. He bagan exercising on the 14th after being at the doctor. He is biking just like me and is doing great. He started off at 15 minutes and now is up to half an hour.

So here is to a new healthy life style for my wonderful hubby.

No comments: