Saturday, January 24, 2009

Cardio is King

Well I have been doing really good thus far in January. My goal is to cardio EVERY day. I have not missed a day yet! I began by doing 45 minutes of Walk-Away-The-Pounds and now I have traded that for an hour of biking. I get anywhere from 13-14 miles of riding in 1 hour. I have found cardio not only makes me feel better but it is helping with the scale.

Now reality is my big weight loss is changing for a smaller one, I knew that would happen, does not make it hurt less. I was lost 2 pounds the first week, 3 pounds the second, and then 4 pounds the next. Right now it looks like we are back at or going to be doing good to hit 2 pounds this week. As long as the scale keeps moving in the negative direction I am happy.

I have been really studing and reading up on nutrition and what it takes to get the food I like to be the food I should eat. Like today I made a Quiche....which tasted wonderful. I used a low fat pie crust mix, lower fat bacon and good aged swiss cheese. All in all it turned out wonderful and with a side salad tossed in raspberry vingeret dressing the entire meal was only 388 calories...and that was for 1/6 of the entire Quiche! Talk about a ton of food for my calorie dollar. Plus it was 22 g of carbs and 21 g of protein, so a great mix. Now the only down side was the fiber count was low, but we are going to correct that the rest of the day with fresh fruits and veggies.

So here is to a healthy Nettie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go!!! Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

Checking in...how's it going?