Hello Blog world, it is I, Nettie you strange yet fun blogger here coming to you from my living room couch, the place I tend to call home till I am crutches free. I am taking a different tone today with my blogging as today has been one of many tears and emotions. So let's role back the clock and see what took place today.
We all got up this morning, although I will admit both hubby and I struggled with waking up, we did not want to get up, scary part was we went to bed early per say. So we got the kids up and in the shower. While they where showing hubby got ready for church. Then I hopped (well sat as I can't stand very long) in the shower. Then it was doing make-up, hair the norm. While I was blow drying my hair I hear my husband talking on the phone. I turn off the hair dryer to then hear him say "Oh she is right here, you want to talk to her, and he hands me the phone. Not knowing who I am about to talk to I am very apprehensive of who would be calling on Sunday morning. Come to find out it is my Step-Mother who lives in Texas. She starts of the conversation telling me how my Dad is trying to one-up me on medical, after all if I can have knee problems that bring out hospitalization he can do even better. So my brain is thinking, ok he fell, he broke something, something like that, but I was way off. She tells me they are at the hospital in the ER as he has either had or is having a heart attack. I was able to speak with him for a few minutes (until his phone is not able to hear me) and he explains to me what has taken place. Last night and early this morning he started having chest pains and his arm was going numb, so he hopped on-line did some research and noticed it fits the symptoms of a heart attack so they head to the hospital, he is very worried as both his parents died from heart attacks. It was funny because I never heard my dad cuss and he was cussing like a little sailor, which is ironic considering he is retired from the Navy. So I get off the phone and call my mom to let her know what is going on. I then talked to hubby. You see my Dad and I don't have a great relationship at all, we talk but not very much. Growing up he was away and to be honest many times in my life I have honestly hated him. However no matter how angry I have felt I hate to think of loosing my Daddy, he is my Daddy after all.
So we head to church. My Mom has had the job of locating baby pictures of me for a Rainbow activity. Well today she brought pictures that she found from when I was around a year or so old. So my mom and I start looking at the pictures. Before we know it we are both balling. We found pictures of me with my Grandma Anna and Grandpa George...pictures of me sitting in the same high chair my kids have sat in...pictures of me in the same crib all three of my children had rested their little heads in.
After we got home I did get an update on my Dad. They have gone in and checked one side of his heart and there is a vessel that is 100% blocked, however it is so small they can not do surgery so they are going to treat that with meds. Because of how long it took to do the test on the one side, they where unable to check his other side. They will check the status and blockage on the other side of his heart in the next two days.
So as you can see world......emotions have been running high today. Here is hoping your day has not been an emotional roller coaster.
No comments:
Post a Comment