Well today was day one with the Coumadin Clinic. They where so nice. They answered everything they could for me and just very informational. The NP thinks I might have a genetic issues, they drew blood for testing when I was in the hospital just waiting to hear results, as issues of blood clots are not normal until a person is 50 or older. So this is what I learned.
My INR was 3.1 (goal is 2.0-3.0) so for now injections are done!!! She did tell me if my INR drops below 2.0 then I will be back on them till they get it up. She said my Coumadin amount will very every time I go in based on my INR.
I have to limit my Vitamin K intake, so only 1 serving of green veggies a day, one salad, green beans, peas etc. They gave me a sheet that shows the level of Vitamin K in foods, fruits/veggies/protein/carbs/spices.
I learned that weight training should on cause any issues but when I start back at the gym I have to build up on cardo and will have to be monitored big time while starting cardo because it can change my INR.
The large bruise which is still increasing in size is most likely do to hitting a blood vessel with my shot. She said it is no big deal, just ice/heat it if it hurts and know it could take up to 3 months to go away.
I go back Friday for my next INR check and we keep going from there. I told the NP I will do whatever I have to do to stay off of lovenox injections. She kept telling me to keep them because they aren't expired and I may need them again. I told her I will not go on them again, no way no how, I will keep my INR just find so I don't have to!
They even told me I might want to get a medical bracelet saying I am on bloodthinners in case something happens to me, sorry but unless this ended up for life I refuse to wear some medical bracelet.
No comments:
Post a Comment