Well Monday was definatly scarry.
When I came home from youth group on Sunday I noticed the baby was not moving. So I ate some chocolate and headed to bed. Normally if I lay down I get kicked to death....well not Sunday night. The entire night the baby rolled a total of 3 times. (I could not sleep because I just could not).
So Monday I got up, ate breakfast with the girls and then they played in the family room while I layed on the couch to see if the baby would start kicking me. Normally after I eat I get kicked to death. Well time went on and nothing. This continued and finally at 3 pm I called the Dr.'s office, because it had been over 24 hours since I got kicked.
So my Dr's office called me back and told me to get the hosptial as fast as I could. So I called Tony and told him (we had been in contact with each other all day) and he left work. I packed up the girls and we headed down. I got checked into the NST lab and was hooked up to monitors. The babies heart rate was in the 130's (which is kinda low compare to were it has been) but the baby was not moving. So finally Dixie (the NST nurse) buzzed my tummy, I HATE when they do it...even though it does not hurt it freaks me out. With that we started getting kicks and movements. So I was on the monitor for about 30 minutes and Dixie called my Dr to have her look at the strip via their network. Well a different Dr in the office is the one who looked, and he did not like the strip because he felt there was not target heart rate (a level that they can base the rises and falls off of). So he told them to keep me on. So there I sat on a monitor in this room. Another girl came in, who has a ton of issues going so we talked. She is dealing with low AFI (what I had with Anna) so we talked alot about that, she also have gestational diabetest currently and has a history of pre-term labor.
Finally Dixie said she was goign to get my strip approved by another nurse, she said two nurses could approve it and send me home. So the other nurse came in and said it looked good and I was released. That was at 5:30 pm. Poor Tony had to take care of both girls in the waiting room on the floor, but he said it was fine.
So Catherine and I went on to Rainbow, since it was the Hawaiian party, and Tony and Anna came home.
The Hawaiian party was a hudge hit!! We had 45 people there, and LOTS of prospects!!
So I came home, ate a brownie and laid down and the baby kicked away so I was happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment