Well we are back home.
We met the youth at 8:30 am on Monday, December 27, 2004 and headed to Branson. WE stopped at Osceola Cheese for a potty break. Then we hit Lambert's!! Home of the Thrown Rolls!! It was great and it was funny because none of the kids had been there before and they did not know how to handle having food thrown at them.
From there we got to Branson...via a wrong turn...it was great! WE got lost in the windy mountain road and everything.
Finally we found the Theater and got registered. Discovered we have $87 in refund coming to us!!! BONUS!!! Then we found our hotel. Very nice hotel. Some of the youth went swimming and some of us worked out for while.
We grabbed dinner at McDonald's and hit the Theater. First up was SUPERCHIK!! Normally I love superchik to death, but they have changed....they were not as good as normal. Then Josh McDowell talked on Truth and what Jesus meant when he said "I am the Truth and the Light". VERY VERY interesting. THEN it was NEWSBOYS!!! Oh my gosh they rocked!!! What a wonderful concert!!
We got back to the hotel at 11 pm and we crashed!
Tuesday, December 28, 2004
WE got up bright and early for our free hotel breakfast!! Then off to the thearter...we heard from Tony N. and he was great. Then we listen to the Newsong concert. Then we off to lunch. We ate at a buffet and then went swimming. That night we had dinner at Taco Hell and it was off to go back for the Rachel Lampa concert, Dave ____ Spoke then the Skillet concert.
Wednesday, December 29, 2004
We got up and got packed. Then it was back to the theater. While everyone waited to get in I went to the leaders meeting. The neatest part I was talking to this guy...then out of the blue he goes "I think I know you"...I said yep....you were in band with me for two years...you played base clarinet, you were second chair and I was first. It was like a mini High School Reunion. He graduated after me...his brother graduated with me. He is now a youth director in St. Louis so it was cool. Then I met everyone at the theater and we saw David again....Lincon Brewster was the band. Then we hit the road. We stopped at Osceola cheese again and then got home.
It was a great time.
No comments:
Post a Comment