OK I went to the Dr. today. New Dr. in my OB/GYN clinic. Her name is Dr. Spell. Turns out in talking she was studing to be an RE when she decided to be an OB/GYN so she could deliver babies.
She stat and we talked for 2 hours!!
She went over all the results of all the test that the other Dr. had done and looked at all my temp charts. She said basicly only one cycle of all my charts did I even really show good ovulations. And of course this cycle and last I have never ovulated. She said that she read about my u/s and it bothered her that nothing more was done. She showed me the report which states: "Tiny follicles cysts in both ovearies but normal size ovaries" She said that alone the other Dr. should have started me on meds for PCOS...or sent me to teh RE. She was mad that he did nothing except offer me clomid. She asked what BCP I was on before TTC, I told her "Ortho Tri-Cycline" she told me how she hates those pills and has seen tons of trouble with ladies comeing off of them.
She then told me I have two choices. She can put me Glucophase and monitor me for a month or two then send me to RE if no results...or send me to an RE now. I told her how I would like to wait for the RE till January becuase of insureance and deductables. She told me all of the sideffects of glucophase and what to do if I have any problems.
She then did a pelvic exam to check my ovaries and said that my right ovary is starting to get enlarged. She said one or two more cycles like I ahve been having and it would really be bad.
She sent me to get lab work before I start Glucophase (i have the script, she will call me and tell me to fill it or not after the lab work is in).
I go back in 6 weeks to see her, with temp charts to see if the glucophase is helping. Also I go back to the lab after 4 weeks of glucophase to draw for blood work to make sure all is good.
She gave me a box of Prometrium to take to kick start me. ANd I take it, again, for 10 days then I should have my period.So that is teh scoop on the poop.
I offically have PCOS, mild but there.Editied to say: I forgot I have lost 10 pounds since my last Dr. visit...so I now way less then I did when I was PG with Catherine!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment