Wednesday, June 02, 2004

28 week check-up

Well let's just say I left my Dr. visit feeling like I accomplished nothing. I had my visit with Dr. Fitch (big mistake - this is the same Dr. who when he could not find the baby's heart beat via Doppler at 12 weeks, thought nothing about it - I made him do an u/s then). Well I was not thinking when I made this appointment and that is who I made it with.

So I got there at 9:30 am because I was doing my glucose test while I was there. First I check in and they try to tell me I owe $60 in back visits. I told them I talked to the billing company and that they have the $20 copy for those 3 visits but that they did not apply them yet...and so the lady in charge of billing in the office, looked it up. Finally said she would get back to me before I left.

So I walked back to the lab and got my glucose drink. I HATE THAT STUFF...I guess it is worse since I don't drink regular pop at all, and only drink 1 diet pop a week. But I got it down. While waiting for my 10 am appointment I pulled out my check book and found the check #'s for the those three visits so I was ready to go if I had to fight them on it.

THe nurse came, my favorite nurse, she in normally Dr. Spell's nurse (My favorite Dr.). So first she weighed me. I gained 1 pound. So now I am down only by 5 pounds total. I was hoping to stay the same or be down another pound..but oh well. The nurse then had me pee in the cup..and my urine came back just fine...no traces of anything. Then we took my blood pressure...it was 110/68 (right on track for me). Then she asked me how things where going, I told her about the diarrhea I have been having, she asked what vitamin I was on...because some of them have a stool softener, but mine does not...plus if that was the case it should have started from the beginning not just with in the past 2 weeks.

So then I waited for the Dr. He came in...then it hit me I was with the jerk. He asked me if I was doing my glucose test, I said YEP. Then he said ok let's check the babies heart beat. He used the Doppler, to be honest I think he found my heartbeat not the babies..but he said it was the babies. Then he had me sit up. I had to ask him if he got a heart beat rate...he said "ahh it is about 150"....to which I thought...about what the hell does that mean.

He asked me if everything was ok...I told him about the diarrhea issues. He asked me if I had been out of town, NOPE. Asked me if I was drinking tons of milk, Nope one maybe 2 glasses a day. He told me no milk or cheese for 2 days to see if that helps (hello I have been drinking milk the whole time..why would it do something now). Then he asked me who my primary Dr. was. I told him well it use to be Cicero (who has since lost his medical license for selling drug samples)...and since he stopped practicing I have gone to the Northland Group, where Cicero was, but I don't care for them so i guess I don't have one. His response was....well having diarrhea like you are is not normal...you need to see a Dr. HELLO WHAT THE HELL IS HE??? MOST DR'S WON'T TOUCH A PREGGY WOMEN WITH A 10 FOOT POLL IF THEY CAN HELP IT!!!

So with that I gave up. He said any other questions, I was like "no" and I left. As I went to check out the receptionist said they took care of the billing problems..and i own nothing..it was all a mistake. Next visit is in 4 weeks...my 32 week check up. Which surprised me..I thought I would go back in 2 weeks...guess not. Not sure how they will handle the c-section stuff..because they said I had to set they date at 30 weeks..but I won't see them till 32 weeks. Oh well at this point I don't give a rats butt.

So after my blood was drawn I left. That a waste of a morning.

No comments: