Monday, October 20, 2003

The Weekend that was.

Well Let's see I did not write all weekend. Bad me! Let's seee what all has happend:Saturday, worked around the house and make the new image for Christian Women.Sunday.Got up and got ready for churchWent and picked up one of the youth for Sunday School.Taught Sunday SchoolWent to Worship ServiceWent to Breakfast with my family and friends.

Went to the plant and changed clothes. Took Catherine to the Pumpkin Patch to pick out her pumpkins.We has such a great time. Catherine was soo funny. We ended up buy 5 pumpkins, and I even got some Christmas Shopping done!! My parents took Catherine to there home after Pumpkin Patching it.

We went and picked up two youth for Youth Group. THere where 12 youth at Youth Group!! I was sooo happy. The topic was Abuse. It was very eye opening to alot of them.

After Youth Group we attended the Leadership Team meeting at church. The Team wants to come up with a purpose of the church..a mission statement. Then we too the two youth home. I learned stuff I never wanted to know about these girls. We knew there parents where having troubles. They have told us they fear their parents will be devorsing. So I knew that. What I did not know was that their dad has hit them before and that both their parents do drugs. This was something I really REALLY did not want to know. As I told Tony while we ate some dinner I just want to pull these girls out of their house and take them home with me. I can not believe they have to go through this crud. It is funny because all summer Youth just went along like nothing special. Now that the school is back into full gear, we find ourselfs doing more Ministry with these teens.

No comments: