I swear I am going to go postal on Dr's today. Today was another follow up on my knee. Get there no biggy. This UMKC Dr. come in and talks to me. Asked me if I have been icing my knee, I told her no, because no one will tell me what I suppose to do. Then she asked me if I have started therapy, again no because no one has talked about it. So then my Dr. comes in. He looks at my knee, he pushes on it, he moves my leg around. Then he asked if I was fitted for a brace for it, no just given crutches. So he tells me he wants me to get fitted for a brace to take pressure and weight off my femur while it heals more. Then he asked if I thought I wanted therapy. I told him I want to be able to walk good and get better. So he tells me he will set me up with some Therapy. The Dr. says I can go back to the gym but no legs till I have my brace.
Then the brace guy comes in, and measures me for a brace. I get to pick out the color for the metal, I pick PINK! Then he tells me how he has to check with insurance because sometimes they need proof that I need it, etc. It will take 10 days to come in. He will call me on Friday with info like my share of the cost if any etc.
Then he leaves, leaving the door open. So I am sitting there and then the brace guy walks by the room and says to the Dr in the hallway "Are you done with her". The Dr said yes and so I go out in the hallway and say, "What about follow up if any" he tells me, I want to see you in 2 months. Ok fine. Then I say "What about therapy." "Oh yah, here is a script for it". "Where do I take this?" "You can take it anywhere, even down stairs in the hospital."
Ok fine, so I take my orders and go down stairs. I find the PT/OT place and they start paperwork only to then say...."We don't take Aatna accounts that start BBL." I say "What it is Open Access it is good anywhere." "Nope you will have to find another place to go."
So I leave. Get in the van and call Tony and my mom. After hanging up from talking to my mom, what do I do, I drop my cell phone in a cup of water in the van. It freaks out and starts vibrating nonstop. So I pull that battery and throw it on the floor of the van.
I get home and look up on the Aatna web site and yes the hospital PT/OT is on our insurance. So I call Aatna and she says "You have Open Access, it is good everywhere, and I show that PT/OT is on it." So she puts me on hold and calls the PT/OT dept of the hospital and talks to them. She gets back on with me and said I should get a call from them tomorrow with info. because they are going to talk to the Aatna rep that they work with.
So long story short....I have to have a knee brace
Have to have 4 weeks of Therapy 3 times a week...but we don't know were or when yet.
I have a phone that is still dripping water, Tony went to work to get my a blackberry to use for right now.
I am going to go postal on the medical world right now.
No comments:
Post a Comment