Friday, October 10, 2008

Thank yous

Have you ever found it odd when people thank you for doing something. I know I do. I find it odd when people thank me for doing something I did. I guess this is because most of the time, I do things with no thought of a thank you.

This came to mind today at co-op. I am the 4 year old Core teacher. We have 6 little 4 year olds in our room (5 girls and 1 boy) and for 2 hours we play and do some basic learning. These young ones LOVE to cut with scissors, but their cutting skills are lacking. So what did I do, I found come cutting pages that work on how to cut. Today we did a road, we had to cut the road that the car traveled on. This worked on going in straight lines and well as 90 degree corners.

Well when one mother came and picked her daughter up she said Thank you. She did not realize we would be working on these "preschool" skills at co-op and how thankful she was. Like all families at co-op she Homeschools. Well like a lot of home schooling families untill you are around 6-7 years old durning "school time" you play. Here we are working on skills her daughter will need when she gets older and although Mom is busy teaching she has not been able to get those skills taught yet.

Did I choose to do this for a Thank you. NO WAY. I did this becuase these kids love cutting and they needed to have fun while learning how to cut.

Sometimes thank yous are hard to accept when you are not planning on them.

No comments: