Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Our First Run in with Poison Control

Oh my gosh, I have never been so scared in all my life. Guess I should start at the beginning, since that is were all stories should start. I decided that since I am going out of town tomorrow for Grand I need to power clean the house. So I am going to all the bathrooms putting toilet bowl cleaner in them. I do the rec room, I do the master bath, and the hall bath. Then I pass through the family room were Christopher and Anna are playing only to find them not playing with toys. Anna has decided it would be fun to get the Cascade 2 in 1 out from under the cabinet and play with them. What was worse was she gave one of the packets to Christopher who has processed to try to eat it. He has powder ever where and all through his mouth. So I freak out. I am yelling at the top of my lungs….stop you two…..that is a no no. I pick up Christopher and stick his head under the running tap water to rinse his mouth out. I then look at the packet to see what is says…it says to call your Dr. or poison control. So I try the doctors office, after calling back 5 times to get a person to answer then nurse tells me to call poison control and gives me the number.

So I call poison control. They tell me that the worse it will do is burn his mouth and make little sores and make him throw up. To try nursing him to help cut any he swallowed, if he swallowed any. So I nurse him and he falls asleep….well since he might throw up I put him in the bouncy chair to sleep, which wakes him up. So him, Anna and I sit on the floor in the family room and play. He burps a ton but never throws up. About 30 minutes later I nurse him again and he puts himself to sleep…so I lay him in his bed.
Poison control just called back for there one hour follow up and said if he has not gotten sick he probably wont and he can lay down with no issues.

So that is our run in with poison control.

Needless to say the lock is back on the cabinet under the kitchen sick. It has always had one but I have not been locking it since Anna has not messed with it in over 6 months…guess she wanted back in it again. Oh well.

No comments: