As the song says "Another one bites the dust". After 4 years my lap top finally bit the dust. It has been dropped so many times it is not even funny. The past couple of months it has been powering down and acting up. SO yesterday I decided to back up the entire hard drive on to CD's and then I was going to reformat it to see if that would solve the issues. Well let's just say that did not work. It would not stay powered up through 2 of the 5 restore CD's. So Tony took it to work and took it apart, he changed the memory, cleaned out the fan and fixed a circuit he found that was bad. But ultimately it never would stay up long enough to restore. Thank gosh I backed everything up...something just told me it was time to burn off all my data.
So now I have to use Tony's tablet, the server or Catherine's computer. I am going to try to save up to sometime get a new notebook but that will take some time to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment