Well today was our day to say Hello to Missouri Government in all its glory. Today was the day Mommy and kids hit the DMV. Now normally when you say DMV most people cringe. Can you blame them? After all we are talking about a Government program/system.
So I loaded the kids in the van and we went to get the van inspected. While one child was holding their nose the entire time telling me "man something stinks out here" we walked around and watched. The kids loved seeing how they check the breaks, the lights, the exhaust system, and having the van up on a lift. All was well out van got a clean bill of health and we were done.
We glanced at the clock and noticed that it was only a few minutes after 11 am. Should we try the DMV...we shall. So we drive up to the DMV, which thinking back on it was not a good station to go to but we did. When we walk in the door the line is almost all the way to the door. Picture deer in the headlights type look if you will. So we start out waiting game. All is going well, kids are really doing good yah team. Then the dreaded dancing beginnings...and those famous word "Mommy I have to go the potty." Well I dunno about other DMV's but this one has big signs all over the place saying "No Public Restroom." So I asked if they can wait, and they said yes, but started squirming more. So we get out of line, head to the van and head home. We make it home in time for the potty.
I decided a smart person would try the DMV latter when the rest of the world is back at work. So 2 pm we hit the DMV once again. This time there was a line, but much shorter! We waited about 20 minutes maybe. Got our stickers and out the door we good. I put the stickers on and put the kids in the van. That is when we have a melt down. Christopher was upset becuase he did not get to see the new stickers. So all the way home I hear "When we stop the van I want to see the stickers" this was accompanied with tears and cries. Needless to say when we got home, he looked at the stickers and went right to bed for his nap which was LONG over due.
Well thinking back on today the DMV was not bad, the line was there, although I have gotten better at how to deal with lines and children at the same time. Now if I can just learn how to deal with people getting mad about not seeing stickers we will be even better yet.
So the Pierce Family Van is now legal for yet another year. Watch out road we will soon be coming and you never know what the Pierce Family has in store for you!
No comments:
Post a Comment