Monday, July 28, 2008

Knees are over rated

Let's see what has been going on with my knee. It is a pain is what it is. Back in February I slipped in my kitchen on one of the kids plastic stencil. My knee started hurting BAD and then began to swell. Two weeks later I called an Ortho to find out what was going on with my knee as the swelling was worse and it still hurt. That orth did an MRI and said nothing was wrong, just had fluid on the knee. Then he put in a short of cortisone (this was the end of March at this point). Well it has never gotten better. In June I was at Grand Assembly and in heals for 4 days straight and that finally put my knee over the edge. So I set out to find a new Ortho.

On Thursday, July 24th (over 5 months since it started hurting) I saw a new ortho. He took some X-rays and manipulate both my knees and said he see the problem. Said the back of your knee has cartilage and mine is peeling like an orange does. Thus it is causing the pain (when it catches on the bones) and also the swelling of water collecting to try to help cushion the knee. So he would be doing surgery on my knee to clean the back of my knee cap and also he may "release" the side of my knee so it sits more in center.

Well today we received a phone call and surgery is set for Friday, August 22nd at 10 am. We will have to be there at 9 am. I am so happy to have a game plan in place and hope to find relief soon.

No comments: