I am one of those persons who find accepting of compliments very hard to do. Most of the time it is because I don't feel I deserve the compliments being made to me. Some of the times it is because I can find fault in what I have done, even though others may not see the faults. I know I come by this naturally. I have seen my mother do the same thing.
When is it ok to just accept compliments and when should we reject them? Is there a reason to ever reject a compliment?
For me I have tried my best to say "Thank you" to a person when they give me a compliment, even if I do not believe it is true or deserved. This way I have acknowledged the fact that this person cares and have hopefully given value to the person.
Compliments something that we should all share and receive.
Just a thought.
1 comment:
I honestly struggle with this too. I don't always know what to say when someone compliments me. Generally I just say "thank you" and try to move onto something else. I don't think I would ever reject a compliment, it may hurt the person's feeling that is giving the compliment.
Post a Comment