I have always been one of those persons who set out with big goals on new years only to fall short of achieving them. So once again I have set out a goal, only this year I hope to get further with my goal. Last year a group of ladies and I decided to try to do daily Bible reading, with the goal of reading the entire Bible in one year. We lasted a few months. Well some of us our going for round two and trying again.
So todays reading is Genesis 1-3. This is the passage of creation and Adam and Eve being kicked out of the Garden of Eden. I think with all the times I have started my reading goal I could probably recite the entire passage from memory.
This year we noticed something. One lady in the group came up with a point. She wonders why the first 2 chapters are put in the order they are. You have all of creation then the author went back and gave details about day 6 and creating Adam and Eve. So then I pointed out how easy it is to give what we think is the whole story, only to find we need to give more details. So what details in our lives are we over looking?
No comments:
Post a Comment