Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Back in the swing of life

Well the holidays are 99% over for us. We are getting back into the swing of life and our routines. I find mixed feelings with this. I enjoy the holiday season so much, I love the excitement, the smells, the smiles, I love it all......and at the same time I am some what relieved that is it over and we can get back to a sense of normalcy.

For us the Christmas decorations won't come down till January 6th. As we take them down we are going to sing and play Christmas Music, especially "We Three Kings" and "The 12 Days of Christmas". It will be nice to have my house back in "normal" mode and yet I will miss the look of Christmas. Although this year it has not been as much decorations as in years past, just never got time to get it all out (I have tons).

I love the laid back days and not having to worry about "did we get this assignment finish?" mode and yet life seems more peaceful when we are in our routine and doing school.

So today we will stand once again at the Flag of our Country, say the Pledge of Allegiance, bow our heads in prayer and look forward to this new day and what it may bring to our lives.

No comments: