Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Lead Lead Lead everywhere

As many of you know first it was Fisher Price who recalled nearly 10 Millions toys. Tuesday we learned of Mettle recalling 9 million toys. Today it is Bib's sold by Toy's R Us.

It is scary to think that in order to save money we have put our own children in danger. I will admit our family is one to try to buy as cheap as possible, however there has to be a limit to what we are willing to give up. Are we willing to give up our own safety?

I heard a story last night about this conspiracy theory that China is doing this on purpose to hurt the US. I dunno if I buy in to that one or not. But it does make you think.

In learning more about this whole issue I found something that broke my heart: Chinese Executive Kills Self Amid Recall Sad how something like this issue can cause a person to feel they must take their own life.

I have a friend who has dealt with Lead in her own children and what she went through was terrible and I can not image going through the process. I pray that children are safe even in this unsafe time.




I was listening to Talk Radio today and there were talking about a company called American Plastic Toys Inc. They are a 100% American Made Toy Company that uses no lead!! I checked out there toys and I think I might be looking into them in the future!! I have said I want to get some "boy" toys in our house and we just might have to look into this one:

No comments: