Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Catherine's Pre-Op Check-up

Well today was Catherine’s Pre-Op check. So my parents came over my house, my mom stayed with Anna and Christopher, while Pop’s and I took Catherine to the Dr. The nurse is who we saw. She talked to us more about the surgery and what to expect. She then checked Catherine’s ears, nose, and throat. She also listened to her heart, lungs and pushed on her tummy and that was it. We were done. So Catherine picked out some stickers and we headed home. It was short and sweat and she did great. They said the week before surgery they will call with times and any last minute info. So now the count down begins, my baby will have surgery in little over 2 weeks.

I remember when I had Catherine, and my mom stood by my bed crying because I was going into surgery to for my c-section and I asked her way she was crying and her response was “My baby is having surgery to have a baby”. I kinda thought at the time my mom was foolish, it was no big deal. Well as these two weeks tick by I am starting to understand more and more how she felt. My baby is going to have surgery.

No comments: