OH the party was great. The party started at 7pm...it was funny, we get there and I hit the bar (this is the one time a year I tend to drink) and Tony laughed at me and said "how many drinks did you tell Chris (my trainer) you are going to drink"...I said "at least the same number as last year which was 5 I believe" Well the bar tender hears me and bust up laughing and tells me I have to keep coming to his bar to get my drinks and he will keep count. So any time I walked past him he would say "Hey come on time for a new drink." It was funny. Although I only ended up drinking 4 drinks, I got a 5th one but just did not want it, I just wanted water by that time.
The food was fabulous, it was a sit down dinner and they served us:
Spinach Salad with Goat Cheese and Pomegranate Vinaigrette
Petite Filet of Beef with Peppercorn Demi Glaze
Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Breast served with Tomatoe Avocado Fondue
Barley and Mushroom Risottoand Rolls.
Then there was dessert...oh my gosh I took a mini slice of each (they served dessert as a Buffet)Cheesecake
Snicker Bar Pie
Caramel Apple Granny
Chocolate Torte (this was my fav....like eatting a hunk of Fudge)
Chocolate Mint Pie
Fruit and Dip
Sugar-Free Cheesecake
The evening began with some entertainment. The Education Law department wanted to thank everyone for all their help this year so they brought in the Marching Cobras. The Marching Cobras is an International Award Winning Drill Team from the Inner City of KC. Oh my gosh it was soo loud. Here we are in the ball room of the hotel with about 10 drummers going at it. At one point they took 3 of the guys from the law firm and tried to have them being Cobras in training....that was funny. To see two of these guys, gray haired white lawyers trying to find rhythm was just funny.
Tony got his 5 year service award, which rocked ($75 visa gift card) and we danced the night away. So yes it was a wonderful night.
1 comment:
That sounds like a very fun and a ver "grown up" night out. Congrats to your hubby!
Post a Comment