Just got home from Christopher's asthma doctor check up.
First off the nurse about ripped me a new one when I told her we took Christopher off all meds during the summer since he was breathing nice and clear. She told me I should never do that for he needs his meds every day all year long. Then she asked me about the meds and I told her I was out of them now and did not have scripts for them. She told me I should have called.
Then the Doctor came in. He was not upset at all about me taking him off the meds. He is now taking him off of all but 1 of them!! From 2 inhalers, 1 nose spray, and one liquid....down to just 1 inhaler. We still have his rescue med if needed. We go back in a month and all is well we will just be seen for check ups and issues. The goal is to keep it down to just 1 inhaler for the next 2 years and then see if we can get off it all together.
No comments:
Post a Comment