Monday, July 30, 2007

3 years ago today

Oh my gosh my little Anna Banana turns 3 today. Does not seem possible. This is what I posted on a few of the message boards I chat on:


Oh my gosh where has time gone.

After almost a month of complications (Low fluid levels) and tons of u/s finally an amnio Anna Elizabeth Pierce was said to be healthy enough to be born. We received the phone call Thursday evening asking if the Dr. could do the c-section the next afternoon since Anna's lung test came back that her lungs where mature. So it was set, my baby (we did not know the gender) was going to be born on the 30th of July in the afternoon.

Me being who I am had to go to church to finish some youth paperwork before Tony and I headed to the hospital. Yes I was working up the last minute. It was funny because I was down in the fellowship hall and the craft group was meeting...all these older ladies were asking what I was up to and I would say "Getting ready to go have a baby in about an hour". It was funny.

Tony and I arrived at the hospital at 11 am to find a very full maternity ward. We waited about 30 min to get checked in then the fun began. I was prepped for surgery took five tries to get the IV in. Then it was time for surgery. Once down there they put the spinal block in and Tony joined me in the room. At 1:37 pm Anna Elizabeth Pierce made her debut. That’s right it’s a girl. She weighed in at 6 lbs 12.9 oz and is 18.9 in long.

No comments: